Graduation parties are fun to plan because they are casual and celebratory of our loved one’s accomplishments. There are so many options available to feed and entertain guests at a graduation celebration.
Want some tips or ideas for planning your graduation party? Call one of our Events Consultants today. We are always happy to provide some insightful tips in your party planning, as well as some creative ideas to make your event unique.
Some graduation party ideas:
- High School Theme: use school colors and memorabilia from senior year to set the tone.
- College Theme: does the graduate have a college picked out for undergraduate or graduate studies?
- Then showcase that school’s colors and memorabilia to welcome the next phase of your graduate’s studies.
- Past, Present, and Future: pull out those childhood photos to display at the graduation party; show where your graduate has been, where they currently are, and their dreams for the future (career, city, school).
- Luau: If your graduated is more the “survivor” type, a luau is a fun theme upon which to base your celebration.
Tips for planning:
- Create your budget – this dictates the size, food and drink you serve, type of the party and how many guests you may invite
- Choose a location – Find an appropriate space to accommodate your group and theme. Places may include your home, a park, or one of the many venues available in the Twin Cities. Check out the Minneapolis Parks website for information about Theodore Wirth Chalet, Loring Park, etc.
- Set a Date and Time – How long will your party will run (2 hours – all day?) Keep in mind the rest of the graduating class may be throwing parties too! Maybe you will want to combine parties with another friend or two.
- Find Inspiration – You can utilize the internet & other media to find ways to make your vision come true (e.g., Pinterest, babble, Google image, Martha Stewart, blogs, catalogues, and magazines). We suggest creating a vision board or folder to keep track of your ideas.
- Supplies – When ordering food, beverages, and serviceware, always make sure you have enough (e.g., minimum 2 drinks per person an hour)
Finally… always remember to have fun at your own party. Don’t forget to interact with your guests. This is a great accomplishment so enjoy and celebrate the moment. For additional ideas, you may visit our Three Sons Drop Off Catering Menu for picnics, barbeques, and salad ideas. If you are planning something and need more assistance call on one of our Event Consultants. We would love to create a By-Design menu proposal for you. Congratulations! We hope you have a wonderful Graduation day.
Below are some sandwich and platter options, which are very popular at graduation parties because they require less supervision and can sit out longer for an open house environment.
each platter approx. feeds 8-10 guests
Choice of Meat (Smoked Turkey, Honey Ham, Roast Beef or Pastrami), Choice of Cheese
(Cheddar, Swiss, Pepper Jack, Colby Jack or Provolone), Lettuce, Tomatoes
GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS
Garlic Grilled Chicken Breast wrapped in a Tomato-Basil Tortilla with Romaine Lettuce,
House Baked Croutons, Shredded Pecorino Romano Cheese, and Fresh Caesar Dressing
ASIAN CHICKEN WRAPS
Plum- Soy Marinated Chicken, Napa Cabbage, Sweet Peppers, and Sarrachi Vinaigrette
wrapped in a Tomato-Basil Tortilla
SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN WRAPS
Chile-Seared Chicken Breast wrapped in a Tomato-Basil Tortilla with Sautéed Sweet Bell
Peppers, Roma Tomatoes, Romaine Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese, Avocados, Grilled Tomato Salsa,
and a Side of Sour Cream
CUBAN PORK WRAPS
Spiced Pork Tenderloin, Black Bean-Corn Salsa, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and Sweet Potatoes
wrapped in a Tomato-Basil Tortilla
Grilled Vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, sweet bell peppers, asparagus), Roasted Garlic &
Herbed Cream Cheese, Lettuce, and Tomato wrapped in a Tomato-Basil Tortilla
SLICED FRESH FRUIT PLATTER
Cantaloupe, Honeydew Melon, Red Grapes, Pineapple, and Strawberries
VEGETABLE PLATTER WITH LEMON DILL DIPPING SAUCE
Carrots, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cherry Tomatoes, and Cucumbers
ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA SALAD
Penne Pasta, Grilled Garden Vegetables, and Roasted Red Pepper- Sherry Dressing
OR….Try One of Our Summer Grill Menu Options